Monday 16 May 2011

RENT

  This is the famous rock musical in the world. I went to see it on last Thursday but I have seen it in Japan. It is my favorite musical so I want to introduce it. It had been written by Jonathan Larson for 7 years. First of all, it had been performed on Broadway from 1996 to 2008. It takes place in NY on December 24th, 1989. The main characters are Roger who was a rock musician, and Mark who is self-styled a director. They live in the squatter’s house but they don’t pay the rent. Therefore, they are said the owner that if you can’t pay the rent, you must go out the room. In addition, there are a lot of people in there. For example, the poor, a person with AIDS, the gay, the lesbian and so on. They find the affection each other in their life even they are poverty and sickness. It is very heartwarming story and I think “seasons of love“ is the great song. Therefore, I recommend everyone to see it.

2 comments: